We are Computerized to help give
you the Best Patient Care possible.
Computerization allows us to run our office very
How can computers help with the dental care I
- Accurately keeps records of your personal
- Assists with Scheduling Patients
- Keeps a record of when you are due back for periodic
exams and cleaning
- Coordinates with a detailed Insurance Benefits
- Enables us to keep track of any Insurance Plan benefits
you might have, so at the time of treatment you will only
be responsible for your portion. We will accept assignment
of benefits from any insurance carrier which will assign
- Keeps a record of the services you've received and the
payments received (from you or your insurance)
- Helps us to treatment plan so that Insurance Benefits
(Treatment can be stretched out over 2 or more years.)
- Coordinates with our Schick Computerized Digital
Radiography (CDR) System.
- Allows us to keep you up to date on your Dental
- Coordinates with our Microsoft Word processing software
for improved patient correspondence.
Digital Radiography (CDR):
- It is the current State of the Art technology.
- Reduces the radiation to 80% less than
conventional x-ray films.
- Reduces the time (7 seconds) from exposure to viewing
- I have the extra time to discuss what we see and what
treatment options are recommended, instead of waiting 7
minutes for dark room processing.
- All images are accessible and linked to the Dental
- Images can be magnified to full screen.
- The contrast and darkness can be modified for better
- The images can be colorized for easier viewing and
- We have instant retrieval of all CDR x-ray images.
- We can put up to 4 images on the screen for comparison
- You can see what I am seeing with the images magnified
many times larger.
- We are reducing the about of chemicals that need to be
discarded or processed to prevent pollution.
- We can email the images to other dentists and
physicians and get an instant over-the-phone consultation
while we both look at the same pictures.
CAESY™ and Smile Channel
to show you with narrated short video and slide shows about 112
types of dental care.
Click here for more details on
How can the
dental computer help me
with my insurance coverage?
Our Software is designed to
allow us to:
- Look up your Employer's dental insurance
- Find out if you have the option for better
- Help us verify your coverage and benefits
- Send the claims electronically, if your insurance
company allows electronic submissions
- Print claims for insurance plans that require paper
- Print out pre-treatment estimate insurance forms, to
find out exact amounts that the insurance should
- Calculate your co-payments on a service by service
(Preventive, Basic and Major services are generally covered
at different percentages.)
- Calculate how much insurance benefits you have used and
compare it to your employer's plan's annual limits.
these benefits of computers and insurance database
Our receptionist can have most
of your relevant information at her finger tips. This includes
recording all of your relevant individual information only once
in our software database. This includes the usual items such as
your name, address, telephone numbers (home and office),
insurance info, last visit and last cleaning dates, etc.
If you have insurance, we
subscribe to a dental insurance database service that gives us
instant details of the various plans for over 10,000 employers
on the East Coast. This database is updated monthly. With one
phone call, my receptionist can discover the details of any
plan that is not on our database. A second phone call to the
insurance company to verify eligibility and coverage details
allows us to accept assignment on most treatment.
We only require direct payment
for deductibles, co-payments or uncovered services. Our dental
software directly ties into this insurance database. It imports
the detailed insurance info and calculates the amounts we can
expect from the insurance company and you with amazing accuracy
(it's not infallible, but we'll bill you for any part not