Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Syndrome
It is estimated that 10 million Americans suffer from TMJ disorders (also also known as Temporomandibular
Joint Disorder or TMD, for short), which may cause a wide variety of symptoms. These symptoms
- Pain in the TMJ area, just in front of the ears, when opening or closing the mouth
- Clicking and popping sounds when openning or closing the jaws
- Pain when chewing
- Difficulty in opening the mouth widely
- Referred pain to the temples or the jaws, and
- Soreness of the muscles around the jaw(especially when awakening or if severe enough it may awaken TMD
TMJ - TMD Resources and Information
Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Syndrome Causes, Symptoms and ...
Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome or TMJ joint disorders are medical problems related to the jaw
joint. The TMJ connects the lower jaw (mandible) to ...
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: TMJ disorders
Overview of disorders, the symptoms, treatment, causes, and prognosis.
Arthritis Today Magazine
When TMJ syndrome occurs in younger patients (mostly women, typically between the ages of 20 and
40), the pain can be much more severe and often is ...
Temporomandibular joint disorder - Wikipedia
Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJD, TMJ or TMD), or TMJ syndrome, is an umbrella term covering acute or
chronic inflammation of the ...